Hushpuppi To Be Sentenced On Valentine’s Day

The United States attorney’s office in the central district of California, has said that self-acclaimed international fraudster, Ramon Abbas, better known as Hushpuppi, will be sentenced on Valentine’s Day.
According to BBC Pidgin, Thom Mrozek, the court’s director of media relations, announced that Hushpuppi’s case is set to come to a close.
“The court has scheduled the case of Mr Abbas for sentencing on February 14, 2022” Mrozek said.
The court’s spokesperson, however, did not give any information on the duration of trial and sentence.
The anticipated sentence is coming exactly three years after Hushpuppi collided with a Canadian co-conspirator and North Korean military hackers Jon Chang Hyok, 31; Kim Il, 27; and Park Jin Hyok, 36; to pull a $14.7 million cyber-heist on the Bank of Valetta, Malta’s oldest financial institution, on February 13, 2019.
Hushuppi risks getting a 20 years’ imprisonment; a 3-year period of supervised release; a fine of $500,000 or twice the gross gain or gross loss resulting from the offence.
Same court had also ordered the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to arrest the suspended Head of the Intelligence Response Team, DCP Abba Kyari, for his alleged role in a $1m scam allegedly perpetrated by Hushpuppi and five others.
Hushpuppi, who is known for his luxury life, had been arrested in the UAE back in June 2020 alongside 11 of his associates over allegations of hacking, impersonation, scamming, banking fraud, and identity theft.